On September 13, 2020, Grace Baptist Church re-opened for public services after being closed since March. As we continue our in-person services, our priority is to provide as much of a safe and healthy environment as we can. The following is the protocol that we have implemented:
- You need to wear a face mask or face covering, covering your nose and mouth, and maintain a two metre physical distance at all times in the GBC building.
- We ask that you call, email or register on-line to let us know that you are coming. Please register by the evening of the Thursday before the Sunday service that you are wanting to attend.
- To register, send an email to email@example.com, phone 403-235-3636 extension #23 or click on the front page "Register" button. Please include your name (first and last name) and the number of people in your household that will be attending.
- Please notify the church if you will be unable to attend after registering or if the number attending has changed. (At this point the Alberta government is allowing only 15% of capacity seating, so space is limited.)
- The outside doors to the GBC building will be opened at 10:20am.
- There will be two lines to enter the building through the front door. These lines will go to the two respective sides of the sanctuary.
- The pews are marked for physical distancing with green tape. You will sit with your back to the tape. Every other pew is not to be sat in. Move as far over as possible towards the centre aisle when you sit down. The centre aisle will be roped off and is not to be used.
- Depending on the size of your household, you may need to move into the area of a second tape mark. This is perfectly fine. We would ask you not to cross over in front of others.
- There is still no singing, but we hope to be able to do this in the future. We are not offering nursery or our children’s ministry program at this time.
- We are not taking an offering in the service but you can drop off your giving envelope in the baskets in the foyer as you leave, after the service.
- After the service you will be dismissed row by row, from the back to the front.
- Greet one another with a wave and a hello as you enter and exit and in the parking lot. Please do not mix and mingle either inside or outside of the church building, as advised by the provincial health authorities at this time. We want to provide as safe and healthy an environment as we can.
- We are live streaming our services. You will find that button on the home page here on the website and it begins at 10:30am Sundays, hosted on YouTube. After the service is done, it will be posted as a recording and you will be able to access it after the Sunday service and during the week under the "Worship Service" tab or "Sermon" button.
We know that there will be changes and adjustments made as the federal and provincial governments give us guidelines for meeting publicly. We are committed to staying safe and using the guidelines that have been developed by the federal, provincial, and municipal governments. As things change, we will post the adjustments that we are making here on the website and advise on our weekly email (please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive that). Our prayer is that all stay safe and well and that we continue to minister as a church family in whatever capacity God gives us the opportunity.